Behavioral Change & Acceleration Coaching
What is it?
Behavioral change and acceleration coaching, also known as Live 360, is a form of coaching that is used to modify the unwanted behavior of a valuable employee and/or to create new, needed behaviors within a valuable employee. Live feedback is gather by a coach from others in the organization. This feedback is then compiled by the coach to create a very targeted list of specific behaviors the leader must grow in. The coach works with the leader over the next 6-18 months to develop them exactly as the organization needs. This dialed-in approach is effective and produces the custom results that are so often needed in leaders.
When is it used?
Behavioral change and acceleration coaching is most commonly used to:
- Accelerate the development of a key employee/leader
- Prepare a leader for a larger role in their organization
- Prepare a leader to succeed another leader
- “Fix” a leader that you would prefer to keep versus potentially fire or replace
Why is it used?
Organizations usually talk to leaders and hope they will choose to change and/or use a one-size-fits-all tool to try to change their leaders. To get precise change in a leader, a very dialed in approach is required. Real, raw, and direct feedback is required in addition to step by step coaching for true and lasting behavioral change.
How does it work?
- Conducting a Live 360 obtains raw feedback on behalf of the leader who needs developing. A Live 360 is the process of in-person interviews with key leaders who give direct feedback about the leader who needs to grow.
- This feedback is then condensed into targeted categories and goals that reveal where the leader must grow.
- With this feedback in hand, the coach then works with the leader to coach them on how to grow into the kind of leader the organization needs.
- Throughout the coaching process, the coach also meets monthly with the leader(s) overseeing the development of the leader who needs to grow. This meeting is designed to provide a syncing of important updates on the leader’s development. It provides a regular touchpoint for the coaching to adjust as needed.
How do I get this for my leaders?
monocleHR works with Laura-Catherine Etheridge at Stratos2 Coaching & Consulting Inc. to provide this valuable service to clients. Contact us to schedule your free consultation with Laura-Catherine. During the consultation, you and Laura-Catherine will discuss your specific needs, answer your questions and explore cost.